Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
Happiest day of my life

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We got engaged 9 years ago today











It has been 509 days since Mike died according to the date duration calendar. We got engaged at sunset on November 3, 2001 at Jones Beach Field 6. Mike was so romantic, so sure. So was I. We knew eachother about 6 months and we were kind of dating but we officially became a couple on 7/3/2001. Mom's bday. We went to Bayville that day. He was so vulnerabe and confident at the same time. After he proposed we went to my parents and then dinner at Boulder Creek. Mike was a very picky eater. I was introduced to Castle Mountain fries. Almost all family celebrations were held at Boulder Creek. Once I had the ring all I could do is gaze at how it sparkled in different light. A coworker who was a Deacon blessed it for me. We wanted to marry right away but for complicated reasons it was best to wait till his son turned 18. We got married 6 days later. Happiest day of my life!!!
Fall has always been my favorite season. It was pretty at the cemetery today but I felt called to go to the beach. The pics above are from today. The bench is where he proposed to me. His son said he shouldn't get down on one knee because he might not be able to get back up! Just because someone's IQ is low doesn't mean they can't be smart and funny as hell. He is the gift Mike gave me. He needed a Mom. I still have a bit of Mike because I have his son. It was my destiny to parent Pete and Michele. I came along late but we are family now. Sadly, as I left the beach today, I kissed his St Michael Medal on my car visor and actually said goodbye...promised he will always be in my heart and the love of my life but said the hardest words.
Next post...my gift from today

No comments:

Post a Comment