
on a warm sunny day you see his shadow, on a cold dark night you feel his warmth, When you close your eyes you can see his face and when you open them he is gone. You sit and you wonder where did he go? then you look down at your chest and know that in your heart he is home!
gifted to me by, MIKEY B (INSPIRED BY JONES BEACH PHOTOS 11/3/10)
"Funny the Way it Is" about this man I call Mikey B (hope he doesn't mind)
He has been close to our family since long before I entered this family. My Mike didn't respect many people but he really loved and was so proud of him...yes, he respected him. Everyone in the family talked about him all the time. He is a witness to their lives. I never met him until just after Mike died. I came downstairs in the numb devastation of the newly bereaved and there he was in our living room. As he hugged me, I felt so comforted. This widow actually told this young man how great he smelled as I was holding him, meeting him the first time! Hardly proper widow behaivor! (my Mike would've laughed his ass off!) Right away I saw he had a deep spirit with true knowledge of loss and brought comfort to all of us. Mike's sister was looking for the prayer or poem for Mike's memorial cards to be ordered from the funeral home. Mike had the text right in his phone of the message we wanted but didnt know:
Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain; I am the gentle autumn's rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there; I did not die.
i

No comments:
Post a Comment