How did I survive this nightmare? The horrifying rollercoaster of grief? Yes, love of family, friends, grief counseling, faith and prayer helped. But the lifeline was the young widow bulletin board. please respect us and only visit the site if you have lost your significant other to death: http://www.ywbb.org/.
I went to this wonderful online support system and found understanding and strength. No matter how crazy I felt people told me I was normal. About three months out I met 3 young women from this board at the Cheesecake Factory. We told our stories and laughed. no tears that day. It was like receiving a transfusion. we meet regularly. we are there for eachother no matter what. I've traveled to the city and met widows and widowers. everytime is like getting that life saving blood. I am so blessed to be able to attend a large young widow/widower gathering in FL over MLK weekend. I can't wait! I need a vacation. It will be great to meet some of the people from the board who are not local. Especially after the holidays, Mike's bday and right before our wedding anniversary.
We call these gatherings WidowBagos. Bago for short. Nothing is more healing. My recent trip to the city caused me to reflect back to the first meeting Sept '09. I had to face it...I have really changed.
After Mike died I was lost. I no longer knew who I was. A little bit at a time I am finding the new me.
For my "Trio" ...
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment