Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
Happiest day of my life

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mike Can Be At Peace Tonight

On December 17, 1999 Michael's beloved grandson Anthony died in his crib at less than 16 months old and obviously right before Christmas. Anthony is my grandson I never met here on earth. I met Mike after Anthony's passing. If Mike were here, he would not sleep tonight. He'd suffer horrendous grief tomorrow. He always grieved very hard for Anthony and had horrible recurring nightmares. But his birthday and last day were always the hardest.

We had a Memorial Candle for Anthony at our wedding and dedicated our ceremony to him.

So we remember Anthony every day, but especially tomorrow, the anniversary of his passing. I think Eric Clapton is right and there are no "Tears in Heaven." So this is one of two days when I can find  peace with the fact that Mike is gone because he is with Anthony and there is no suffering for him. Just us.

Bless you Anthony Michael Popovitch. Give Pop-Pop a huge hug for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment