I've been on the organ donor registry since I got my license. Mike never made his wishes clear but he had a customer who was part of a landmark 5 way transplant that year. He thought it was amazing. All religions allow organ donation. If you believe differently check out the donate life link. Mike's internal organs were not suitable for transplant. But he gave two people the gift of sight and his bones were harvested to help those with bone cancer and who needed cadaver bones. Funny the way it is that you aren't home ten minutes from the hospital when they call for the organs. Shocking. But at least distracting. I don't like to think of the details but I am glad I did it. Here is the memorial patch Michele made for a donate life memorial quilt:

The quilts travel around to events to raise awareness about organ/tissue donation and honor the donors.
I believe you can't take it with you so you might a well help others.
No comments:
Post a Comment