Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
Happiest day of my life

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How We Met

When we met he was part time dispatching at All Seasons and had his own car and was doing "contract work" for them. After surgery I was living at Mom and Dad's. He would often pick up my morning call to work. We talked a lot. I could tell how much he loved his children and at that time his one Granddaughter. He was funny but grieving terribly for his first Grandchild who died at 16 months old. He was always planning businesses he could teach his son to brighten his future. Of course I liked him.I had no idea he wanted more than to be friendly in the beginning. It didn't take long for him to make it clear he wanted more. I wasn't interested but enjoyed his company. on a selfish note, it was great to call for a pick up and never wait. Then one day I got septic at work, noone was around to call so I called Mike. He was there in no time flat. I had the rigors (deep shaking). It was so painful and I had a high fever. Of course I ended up in the hospital. each day mom would tell me some guy mike called for me and seemed extremely concerned. Shortly after I"gave in" and we went on some drives together. I guess we were dating. We made it official 7/3/01, Mom's bday. We went up to Bayville and talked about having a relationship. he loved me so much how could I not love him? getting involved with his daily life I fell in love with him even more. I moved in almost right away and started attending Pete's school meetings (Mike was always in that car). In December when we were engaged little more than a month, I took Pete to surgery and stayed overnight with him. that winter Mike went to the hospital for pnuemonia, rule out congestive heart failure. scary! I wanted to stay with him at the hospital but he made me go home to be with the kids. Luckily, he recovered quickly though we would have another episode a few years later. Mike had his own way of interpreting his health and how to manage his meds. I tried to help but he was a grown and very stubborn man! I fit right into his life. It was so easy. And amazing to be in love with someone who loved me back unconditionally. I got sick again and that was it for work for me, No more running myself down. I had someone whatching over me now.
Mike was such a flirt and had a long list of pick up lines. I fell for them all before I knew he dropped them on everyone including the old ladies he'd bring to chemo each week! Everyone close to him backed up that he swore he'd never get married again. But, he said he knew right away he'd marry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment